It is a bit hard. Think I have lost my rhythm of doing this and it is getting hard to motivate myself to get back on. A lot of things have been going on (I know... dejavu - I seem to be hiding behind this excuse ALL the time, but it is TRUE) and has really got my mind and emotions churning.
I have moved again (since my last post) and am now staying with another family. It is not the best environment, simply because I think the dogs (yes there are 2 of them) are too big for the house and there are grandchildren who well, annoy me. But all kids annoy me anyway! I think it is the noise. I have lost that peace and quiet I had been spoilt with with my other hosts. Aside from the previous one that didn't have internet. I mean the kids would come and go but at the end you KNOW they will go home and take the banter with them. Though I must say, her grandson, Ed, was a really surprise. When I first came, he was very quiet and shy but he warmed up and we had great conversations - most of the time bugging each other and in the end, he gave me a little pressie to remember him by. I was so blown away when he did that.
Moving along...
The current host - a couple who have a thing for stray children - myself included I guess you can say, has hearts as big as gold BUT lead really complicated lives. And it shows in their home. So, I am now home alone, watching rubbish Brit TV enjoying the peace and quiet that I think they deserve. I have a beautiful duck pond just a spit away and most nights I think of how I can catch a duck and do a Peking duck with it without getting into trouble with the authorities. FYI : the ducks are protected by the animal rights group. Only in Brit I tell you! If it was in Malaysia, all the ducks would be dead ducks by now. Geddit!? Dead ducks!?
Oh nevermind!
So... what else has been happening? Well I have been helping out at a council playscheme and I think the volunteers there have it good because they get paid like between 6 - 7 quid an hour. So that is like 6 hours a day, 4 times weekk for 4 weeks. So lets say they earn 6.5, that is like 600 quid a month! Which is like 80% more than me! And they are all younger then me! The kids think I am loser for doing this on charity. I am not sure what to make of it. I must say I did feel a little out of my league there, not sure why. I felt like an oogly duckling trying to fit it. Was a bit strange. But I survived and I only have 1 more session to help them out with - even that I am doing it on charity basis cause they need help that day.
What else?
I have been feeling a little out of place lately - not sure why, Maybe it is hormones kicking in... I am not too sure or maybe it is just anxiety of the unknown... it is already August and soon it will be Jan 07 and I am due back home. I still haven't decided what I am going to do when I get back and frankly I haven't put much thought into it. I know I want to be involved in youth work but I haven't decided if I want it full time or part time. And then if I want to do that I would love to go back tschoolol and may be do a bit of psychology and theology. But then again, there are so many loans to sort out and I can't leave Rach to handle that by herself. That is really not fair to her. I mean she has been through so much with the new place and all. So I should help out. So... this leaves only 1 thing : what job can I get that pays a whole load of money but I don't have to use my brain? I was thinking of being a telephonist / receptionist or something... even a PA but I am not all thaorganizeded and I need to take short hand courses and to be a PA you need to come highlrecommendeded because well, I think being a PA holds a LOT of power... you are literally running your boss' life... imagine the power in that! And to top it off, lets just say he has been cheating around and you are the only that knows about it, I am talking serious BACKMAIL here! hehehe... Ah... life's many possibilities!
Anyway... am cutting the crap now.
Like I said earlier, I have been watching a lot of crap Brit TV, 2 things were Big Brother - which I only watched as and when I was really bored crapless, and Love Island.
OK, Big Brother first - basically, ppl apply to be on the show and they do a round of interviews and they pick I think a bunch of people who seem most unlikely to get on with each other and put them in a house and are constantly monitored. They all wear a microphone and there are cameras EVERYWHERE! Even in the toilets and bathrooms. It is kinda like living in a aquarium and every now and then, Big Brother makes them do stoopid things like form 2 teams and use one person as a brush to paint a postcard and send to Big Brother cos he/ she was on vacation. Some of them are really neurotic and weird and totally drama queen and some of them are nice but in a very odd sort of way. So yesterday was the last episode and Pete Something won and bless him, the boy has Tourettte Syndrome. May be that is why he won? I don't know... but he does have an appealing quality and boyish charms about it. Really sweet and was good for him to win. Now he is rich and fell in love with one of the housemates who I personally think is a real nutter but hey, I am not Brit, so I wouldn't know anything.
Then there is Love Island... same concept as BB, but this time they are stuck on an Island in Fiji and the whole purpose is for them to fall in love. Contestants are of the celebrity nature so you have ppl like Shane previously from Boyzone, Kelly previously from Eternal, Pierce Brosnon's adopted (or was it step?) son and so on and so forth. Most of them get along but some have some bitchy qualities to them... and dramas which I sometimes think are too much and concocteunnecessarilyly by the procuders. But all in all, it is better thawatchingng soap dramas.
So, these things have been keeping me occupied.
So what have I missed while I was internetless? Anybody?
I have moved again (since my last post) and am now staying with another family. It is not the best environment, simply because I think the dogs (yes there are 2 of them) are too big for the house and there are grandchildren who well, annoy me. But all kids annoy me anyway! I think it is the noise. I have lost that peace and quiet I had been spoilt with with my other hosts. Aside from the previous one that didn't have internet. I mean the kids would come and go but at the end you KNOW they will go home and take the banter with them. Though I must say, her grandson, Ed, was a really surprise. When I first came, he was very quiet and shy but he warmed up and we had great conversations - most of the time bugging each other and in the end, he gave me a little pressie to remember him by. I was so blown away when he did that.
Moving along...
The current host - a couple who have a thing for stray children - myself included I guess you can say, has hearts as big as gold BUT lead really complicated lives. And it shows in their home. So, I am now home alone, watching rubbish Brit TV enjoying the peace and quiet that I think they deserve. I have a beautiful duck pond just a spit away and most nights I think of how I can catch a duck and do a Peking duck with it without getting into trouble with the authorities. FYI : the ducks are protected by the animal rights group. Only in Brit I tell you! If it was in Malaysia, all the ducks would be dead ducks by now. Geddit!? Dead ducks!?
Oh nevermind!
So... what else has been happening? Well I have been helping out at a council playscheme and I think the volunteers there have it good because they get paid like between 6 - 7 quid an hour. So that is like 6 hours a day, 4 times weekk for 4 weeks. So lets say they earn 6.5, that is like 600 quid a month! Which is like 80% more than me! And they are all younger then me! The kids think I am loser for doing this on charity. I am not sure what to make of it. I must say I did feel a little out of my league there, not sure why. I felt like an oogly duckling trying to fit it. Was a bit strange. But I survived and I only have 1 more session to help them out with - even that I am doing it on charity basis cause they need help that day.
What else?
I have been feeling a little out of place lately - not sure why, Maybe it is hormones kicking in... I am not too sure or maybe it is just anxiety of the unknown... it is already August and soon it will be Jan 07 and I am due back home. I still haven't decided what I am going to do when I get back and frankly I haven't put much thought into it. I know I want to be involved in youth work but I haven't decided if I want it full time or part time. And then if I want to do that I would love to go back tschoolol and may be do a bit of psychology and theology. But then again, there are so many loans to sort out and I can't leave Rach to handle that by herself. That is really not fair to her. I mean she has been through so much with the new place and all. So I should help out. So... this leaves only 1 thing : what job can I get that pays a whole load of money but I don't have to use my brain? I was thinking of being a telephonist / receptionist or something... even a PA but I am not all thaorganizeded and I need to take short hand courses and to be a PA you need to come highlrecommendeded because well, I think being a PA holds a LOT of power... you are literally running your boss' life... imagine the power in that! And to top it off, lets just say he has been cheating around and you are the only that knows about it, I am talking serious BACKMAIL here! hehehe... Ah... life's many possibilities!Anyway... am cutting the crap now.
Like I said earlier, I have been watching a lot of crap Brit TV, 2 things were Big Brother - which I only watched as and when I was really bored crapless, and Love Island.
OK, Big Brother first - basically, ppl apply to be on the show and they do a round of interviews and they pick I think a bunch of people who seem most unlikely to get on with each other and put them in a house and are constantly monitored. They all wear a microphone and there are cameras EVERYWHERE! Even in the toilets and bathrooms. It is kinda like living in a aquarium and every now and then, Big Brother makes them do stoopid things like form 2 teams and use one person as a brush to paint a postcard and send to Big Brother cos he/ she was on vacation. Some of them are really neurotic and weird and totally drama queen and some of them are nice but in a very odd sort of way. So yesterday was the last episode and Pete Something won and bless him, the boy has Tourettte Syndrome. May be that is why he won? I don't know... but he does have an appealing quality and boyish charms about it. Really sweet and was good for him to win. Now he is rich and fell in love with one of the housemates who I personally think is a real nutter but hey, I am not Brit, so I wouldn't know anything.
Then there is Love Island... same concept as BB, but this time they are stuck on an Island in Fiji and the whole purpose is for them to fall in love. Contestants are of the celebrity nature so you have ppl like Shane previously from Boyzone, Kelly previously from Eternal, Pierce Brosnon's adopted (or was it step?) son and so on and so forth. Most of them get along but some have some bitchy qualities to them... and dramas which I sometimes think are too much and concocteunnecessarilyly by the procuders. But all in all, it is better thawatchingng soap dramas.
So, these things have been keeping me occupied.
So what have I missed while I was internetless? Anybody?
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!!
SB
Post a Comment