
~ Taken from My Notes in FB ~
I have a knack of getting myself into a right muddle. I don't know if it is just me having a penchant for sniffing them out or ignorantly and willingly walking straight into it, or best yet, INVITE trouble in. And it is not like legal trouble or with the powers that be (i.e. parents – tho most times I am able to crawl my way out), but it is just sometimes the things I say and do just naturally gets me into hot soup and by the time I aware of it, I start screaming for someone to come bail me out. Or at least give me ideas how to get out.
Sometimes it can even be as simple as boy trouble (I hate those…) or trying to stay away from boy trouble (hehehe… sometimes I just don’t learn!) , or work or even something so absolutely random! I can sit here and recount all the times when I consciously and unconsciously was in trouble and needed a hand.
I remember the first time I had to do my first presentation – some 5 years ago - a friend of mine sat in the office with me one Saturday afternoon teaching me how to do it and waited till I was done.
And not too long ago when I had a broken heart, there was a constant number who was on my speed dial and was one of the privileged few to hear me cry… at an unearthly hour, above all!
And the time when I, the self-proclaimed (and after this incident, certified) IT dum dum tried to download songs, and lo and behold, downloaded a spyware that could not be removed Worst of all, it wasn’t even my notebook! A friend had to send me the guidelines to sort my issue, but even so, I had no clue about IT jargon, so he read the manual and guided me step by step to have it removed.
Oh and the time when I was in UK and I tried to make my mom’s famous pancake, but the dough just didn’t turn out right! I was beating myself up cos I had seen mom doing this a million times, yet it wasn’t turning out right AND I was already late to church (the poor ppl in church were going to be subjected to my pancakes!)… but my host mom, Dill, came into the kitchen, saw me looking like I was going to burst into tears, and took over… It didn’t turn out exactly like how my Mommy makes it, but nevertheless, Dill rescued me from my culinary disaster.
I have to admit, some muddles can be avoided… like if I didn’t lie to my mom about skipping tuition, then I don’t have to worry if every time the phone rang, was it my tuition teacher asking if I was sick and why I was missing classes… (yes, I was quite the rascal… unlike the demure angel I have grown up to be… hahahaha!)
But the truth is, I don’t expect my friends to solve my issues for me. NEVER. Unless, I am truly desperate and lost lah. But most of the time, I want them to listen, and when required, to kick my ample behind to make a decision or take action to get myself out of my trouble, instead of sitting in that pool of trouble I created. And for the times I invited trouble in, I always feel I am undeserving of their love, but yet they still stick around.
I guess what I am trying to say is, I am blest. I have AMAZING friends! No matter what scraps I get into, there will always be someone who will sympathise with my stoopid posterior and patiently listen to me. And sometimes even help me crawl out. Or watch me crawl out while they laugh at the sidelines.
I would like to think that God had something to do with this… maybe it is His way of reminding me, I cannot do anything alone… and I cannot live alone – as I once thought I could.
So, to all those who willingly and unwillingly stood by me… WURVE you lots for all the yesterdays tears, todays problems and tomorrows joy…
PS... this is not meant to be emo! Just a simple expression of gratitude for the ppl around me ok.. Also Christmas is round the corner... thot I better start being nice... :-P
No comments:
Post a Comment