Sunday, May 07, 2006

I do what I do, because I do what I do

(Disclaimer : this may be a little coffeelosofical, and may be a little on the doltish side... Therefore, may pose a threat to your brain cells and hazardous to your intelligence. So should you still persist to read on, please know that you have been forewarned.)

Recently, I have been nagged by a friend as to why I have not updated my blog. I thought he was just being annoying.

Then another friend started doing it.

And another.

And I got a message from a friend saying she awaits for my photos from Amsterdam to be uploaded.

Then I started thinking... How many ppl actually read my blog!?

*hang on... Going for a chocolate break*

Am back. Why I felt the need to anouce my chocolate break, I will never know. Not like anyone reading this will be able to share my chocolates anyway... for the most obvious reason! FYI, for those who don't know, there are 4 things in life women will not share : coke, chocolate, men and underwears.

Anyway... I have been suffering from writers block. The same thing happened when I had to write my first newsletter. And now I need to write my fourth volume. And I don't know where to start. Many ppl have been giving me ideas and suggestions and telling me how and where and why and what to write. I know they are being helpful... but I sometimes wish they would stop. It is adding more pressure to me. And also, I notice when I am at this point and I force myself to write, I come up with absobloominglutely nonsensical drivel. Kinda like now... but wait... I think I see a point coming up...

*sorry... it was just wind*

I have been spending a lot of time reading ppl's blogs recently with the hope of curing me of my current mental condition. I have found sites belonging to some of the ppl I really admire and constantly wonder what goes on in their fascinating lives and minds. Ppl like Patrick Teoh, Afdlin Shauki, Edwin Sumun and from their blogs I found other ppl's sites as well... and I enjoy reading them. But why ah?

What is it about reading other ppl's blogs that amuses us? Is it the comforting fact that we are not the only insane ppl in the world? Or is it to look out for like minded ppl? Or is it for us to laugh at their pathetic lives and to look with sorrowful compassion that the only exciting thing that happened to the blog owner is the mere joy of blogging their pathetic lives.

Sometimes that is how I feel I am. I feel like I have nothing better to do in life and therefore I invite ppl to share my pathetic life. I think it all began when Carrie started her first episode in 'Sex in the city.' I could be wrong.

OK... This isn't really the right tone for a Christian. But then again what is the tone of a Christian? I admit, I do get sarky at some point and I do appreciate the occasional rude jokes. But does that mean I am any more less of a Christian? (oh good... This is something I have been meaning to discuss with you about... Not like I will get any feedback from you right... So I might as well discuss and have a conversation with myself)


Reggie: So Reggie as I was saying... If I appreciate a rude joke, does that mean I am less of a Christian?
Reggie : Well, Reggie, I don't know... I am quite stumped myself... See, I had a conversation with a friend, and he was appalled that I sent him a rude joke. He said he was unchristian. Not pure in thought he said wor...
Reggie : Was he English?
Reggie : Yes he was... Which makes me wonder also... are only English Christians so prudent? Cos the Malaysian Christians I know aren't. And I know of a few clergy who do do laugh of snigger at a joke or two... so how now?
Reggie : I really don't know... but in the bible it is true... We should stay away from things that aren't holy... Be pure in thought. And we should avoid all things that aren't christiany.
Reggie : You know... of late I was wondering, I know our body is a temple... and we should take care of it. But when we smoke and drink or gorge down on chocolates (oh I have a smudge on my cheek...), we are actually destroying the temple. So is that sin? And if my friends smoke and I don't tell them off, am I being sinful? After all, if your brother does wrong, we need to correct that person with love. And worst of all, if I am a smoker to right?
Reggie: Hmm... good one. Never saw it in that light. But you are right... where do we draw the line?
Reggie : How strict is God?
Reggie : I don't know. But think about it, if our clergy can appreciate a rude joke, does that mean they are wrong?
Reggie : But then again, God created a sense of humour. And we should learn to laugh more at ourselves isn't it?
Reggie : Yes, but that doesn't answer other issues like smoking, drinking or worst yet, your friends who are into premarital sex.
Reggie : OK... the concept of premarital sex is... er... I hate to use the word 'too out of date' but, if I told a Christian friend, stop screwing around, I am going to get beaten up! Esp with my history.
Reggie: I don't knowlah Reggie. So how now?
Reggie : We go for another chocolate break?
Reggie : Sounds like a plan!


PS... this blog is dedicated to all those who have been badgering me about updating my blog. Esp... JD. And I realised, at the end of the blog, my title has no connection to the content... oh well, we can't all be perfect right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting title..funny contents and classic ending babes!

SB