Monday, May 01, 2006

Review of the Sex Museum
I know it seems kinda strange that I am dedicating a whole entry to this place... makes you wonder if I am a drunkard as many of you think I am since I am not even going on about Heineken.
Anyway... why this specific place... ? Well I guess sex is something that has always existed in our way of life... some of us chose to celebrate it and some chose to sweep it under the carpet and not speak about it. The museum was rather interesting... some of the paintings I thought were very classy and well done but there were other parts that I found really disturbing... esp thinking how perversed our human mind is to conjure up some of the various aspect of sex. Things like S & M... animalism... and I remembered sometime ago I watched an episode in CSI about ppl finding pleasure in pretending to be furnitures (say what!?)
It was bizarre lah... and I cannot understand why on earth ppl would want to do all these things... It only makes we realise how dark our minds can be and the great difference between the concept of physical intimacy God intended for us to have and enjoy and how we have twisted it to beyond comprehension.
Why this topic...? Of all things in the world?
I guess because the concept of sex is age old and also seems to be one of the biggest temptations in young christians these days... and with all these perversed thoughts and practise freely accesible via internet is scary.
Not sure if I ever wrote about one of the kids I am working with in school who was caught drawing rude pictures. The teacher then reported him to the parents and all they were concered about was not the positive development of the child, but more to ensuring this does not go into his report as it would destroy his chances of getting into a prestigious school. Please lah! Their precious boy can't even sit still in class for more then 5 minutes without disturbing his mates or not getting into trouble... what prestigious school you want to send him to!?
I am really not keen of having kids... esp if this is the world they are growing up in... and one thing is for sure... even if I had kids, I am not bringing them up in UK. I know... harsh statement... but really lah... it is just too scary. Kids here have a certain element of freedom that I think is just detrimental to their wellbeing. 16 year olds can't be in a kitchen but 10 year old children can walk to school. Parents are shacking up and not the slightest bit concerned about getting married first because that is their civil right to do so... So if a woman decides to have 4 partners and 3 kids, all the children may be borne of different fathers! HELLO!?
= (

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids have an upper hand with their parents in the UK compared to Malaysia. When I was there studying, I can clearly state that I've not seen my cousins ever disciplining their children with 'rotan' like how my parents use to with me when I was young.

Hmmm....did the 'rotan' help me?? I dont know...hahahahahah Hopefully la.

SB

coffeerox said...

Well.. it wasn't the rotan lah... but it was the mere thought that if I messed up I would get the rotan was bad enough. Anyway I think I turned out alright... i think... i could be wrong...

oh well...

Anonymous said...

you definitely turned out fine la!

SB

coffeerox said...

aww... I love friends like you who keep edifying my worth and existance!

^__^

Anonymous said...

konon....

SB