My mother's faith, humility and ignorance of the gift God has given her are her most precious gifts to her family.
ramblings... wonderings... questions... doubts... comments... observations... mullings... opinions... loud thoughts... dissapointments... joys... revelations... spiritual enlightment... of a caffeine addict.
Monday, September 18, 2006
My mom's legacy
I was about 15 when my mom during one of those family prayer sessions she used to force us into having was in tears while praying. She was very ill that year and was in and out of work and hospital. My mom has always been a sickly person and each time she got ill, it would take her ages to shake it off. And this time it took even longer. My mom became depressed. While she was praying, she cried and ranted and complained to God as to why He was keeping her alive and what excatly He wanted from her. She couldn't understand her purpose in life and why God created her. I attributed that little outburst to her premenapousal state and thought nothing of it.I was 20 and sitting for my first exams in University and for the first time in my life, I was terribly frightend. I ran to my friend's room and i burst into tears. She prayed with me and at that moment, I realised what was missing - my mother's deep assurance that God and she was with me - something that for as long as I can remember, I always had. It has been more than 10 years since she said that prayer, and though she may not know, her weakness was her gift to my sister and I. My mom is a simple lady and all she knows is as long as we pray, God will hear us and in His own way will answer us. And no matter what happens, always know that God has a reason to allow it to happen. Her faith in what most of us deem as an unknown God is truly amazing.She is a firm believer in the power of prayer and many of my relatives call her from near and far to pray. My mom still has her simple jane moments when the price of a cup of coffee from Coffeebean still scares her eventhough her daughters are frequent visitors and think nothing of dishing out the dosh for that little cup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment