Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Over It

I met up with an old friend last week. Someone I had a HUGE crush on. Actually it wasn't even a crush because I spent many nights praying to God about him - is he the one? If he not the one? How do I know? Please break my heart gently and so forth.

Considering nothing progressed, guess you know the answer. And to top it off, we even distanced ourselves when he found out I held a torch for him.

Our friendship to an extent wasn't what it was before. But it is a lot better than the drought we experienced as well.

I guess what appealed to me was his passion for God. And though I am glad that my specifications for men have reached a more matured state, it doesn't change the fact that him being passionate for God is not enough. We need to be passionate about God and each other. And we didn't. We also need to be passionate about the same ministry. And we weren't. Still aren't as well.

Anyway... as we were catching up, I was reminded about a conversation we had whilst I was in UK. He was confident that the reason I left RC and went back to the Anglican church was because of him. Hahaha... I wish it was that. But unfortunately, I had bigger fish to fry.

Anyway... this song. Well not really to dedicate to him hoping it will get into his skull that I am OVER HIM, but it is also for a friend - who I mentioned in an earlier blog about her catholic bf breaking up with her. For a long time she felt sorry for him because she felt he was caught between him wanting to be with her and his parents being demanding. Then... it happened. She caught him with another woman - an attached one for that matter. So... she too now is (trying) to get over it.

So this is for Doc. ^__^



Katharine Mcphee - Over It lyrics

I'm over your lies
and I'm over your games.
I'm over you asking me
When you know I'm not okay.
You call me and I...
And I pick up the phone.
And though you've been telling me, I know you're not alone.

Oh and that's why

Your eyes... I'm over it.
You're smile... I'm over it.
Realized... I'm over it, I'm over it, I'm over...

Wanting you to be wanting me.
No, that ain't no way to be.
How I feel.
Read my lips.
Because I'm so over...

Moving on
It is my time.
You never were a friend of mine.
Hurt at first a little bit
But now I'm so over
So over it.
I'm so over it...

Wanting you to be wanting me.
No, that ain't no way to be.
How I feel.
Read my lips.
Because I'm so over it.

Moving on
It is my time
You never were a friend of mine
Hurt at first a little bit
Now I'm so over
So over it.

No comments: