Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Goobledygook and many more...

1) I learnt something new today.

Merriam-Webster defines it as :

Main Entry: gob·ble·dy·gook
Variant(s): also gob·ble·de·gook /'gä-b&l-dE-"guk, -"gük/
Function: noun
Etymology: irregular from gobble, noun
: wordy and generally unintelligible jargon


whilst...

Cambridge says

gobbledegook, gobbledygook
noun [U] INFORMAL DISAPPROVING
language, especially used in official letters, forms and statements, which seems difficult or meaningless because you do not understand it:
This computer manual is complete gobbledegook.


hahaha... never knew such a word existed!

But it is the perfect word right now to define the things running through my mind. Trying to plan for 4 events can do that to a person... turns your mind into one bit melting pot of goobledygook - I prefer it spelt with a 'y'. Makes it more bizarre.

2) Decisions in life......

Yesterday it suddenly hit me like a tonne of bricks! How important each decision I make now and it's possible impact to my future... near or distant.

I was given an ultimatum yesterday... not sure if that is the right word, but it sure feels like it. Either way, I can't have both. So it is either one I can pick. Black or White. No Grey. Although I think I am personally leaning towards one direction, it was the process of leaning that suddenly jolt me to my senses. I have reached a certain age in my life where there are only so many risk and bad decisions I can make.

OK.. so you are prob thinking I should live a little... take some risk... explore the horizon. I agree... wholeheartedly. But I also feel some choices in life cannot be taken lightly.

There was a point in life I was whinning about missing out on a certain opportunity in my career... and now that I am given that chance to embrace it, I am wondering if this is really the time. Or better yet, if this is of God.

I have set and weighed all the pros and cons and even bounced it off one of the wisest person I know... and he was very sure of the decision. *(more on him later)

So... guess this is it then...

3) Submissive vs. Permissive

Wordnet defines submissive as : inclined or willing to submit to orders or wishes of others or showing such inclination;

And, permissive is : not preventive OR granting or inclined or able to grant permission

A few ppl have been giving me a hard time because they think I am being complacent about my personal life. I need to tell God what I want aparently. If I don't verbalise my desires, God will never know who my heart longs for. If you haven't notice, this is about seeking a life partner. This seems to be a reoccuring topic of late... regardless if I want it to be or not. Other ppl think it is vital to bring it up every now and then.

So... strangely enough like earlier being hit by a tonne of bricks, my senses were suddenly heightened and I was suddenly aware of a particular character in my life. Someone totally unexpected. I am not in love with this person. Lets make that very clear. There are no bells ringing in my head, no butterflies in my tummy and no 'the room spins when he walks in' kinda moment. Just nice, comforting feeling. But what is more important about him is his passion and love for God.

But like I said earlier... being passionate about God is one thing... we need to be that together. That I don't know. BUT... I think I am willing to explore.

HOWEVER... (yes... there is a lot of hesitance on my part) whether is this God ordained, I don't know. The funniest part is we both at different times did consider the possibility, but just never acted on it. And I am not sure if I want to act on it now... certain practical issues do pose a huge problem... geographical being a prominent one.

But last night whilst pondering on the earlier decision, I decided to whack all the other decisions in my life and did something I have been hesitant to do - I prayed for someone in my life. (Got tired of ppl telling me to do so, and even so, I figured it would take a while for it to happen... so might as well get a head start) I told him my hearts desire, but I also made it very clear that it had to be according to His will.

So... to all those ppl who have been bugging me to be proactive, there... I did it. I submitted my petition to the Big Man. I guess if I had to pick, I took the submissive will... I have spent too many night fighting with God trying to be pilot and He has made it very clear there is only room for 1 pilot and that person ain't me. After all, I think He has a better sense of direction then I do...

so we will see...

4) The Wisest person I know

I needed someone to bounce off issues with, and I chose my dad. He let me go on and on till I was breathless and with his swooping calmness emphasised certain things I had said which already hinted on the decision I wanted. Then of course he seized the opportunity to lecture me on my strange way of working and that I was not sleeping enough. I found it odd that here I sit amongst high-ranking ppl in major companies and yet my dad is the only one who can say, "You need to grow up. All this watching TV and working is not professional and mature! Rest first, then wake up and work"

"But I have grown up! And I cannot sleep and then work... cannot confuse my body that way. I rather work till I can't then rest - completely."

"You will always be my baby... until you I think you have grown up or if you get married. So you know what to do."

Trust him to link everything together!

But it did warm the cockles of my heart - and I mean that sincerely that I will always be Daddy's girl. Both my sister and I are Daddy's girls... whether we like it or not, OR chose to acknowledge it or not.

And it just reinforces the fact that till the day comes, no one will ever love me like my Daddy on earth and in Heaven and want the best for me.

Cool right!?

^__^

No comments: