This weekend was SMACAGOW and the topic was about God's guidance... looking at practical approaches in in job / vocation, marriage and money. Overall, I have to admit, i learnt a lot but it was also a nerve-wrecking time for me... for reasons I can't really go into right now... and unknowingly, certain things I have been trying to ignore came flooding back to haunt me. I keep telling myself it is all hormonal and not to think about it... but sometimes is slowly creeps up on me and I wonder if I am overtly emo if I were to adress the issue. The line is so fine it is almost invisible sometimes.
And even with the other issues - jobs, marriage and money... the lines between being focused on God and the BIG picture and being self-absorbed and obsessed with our own plans and desires for ourselves - is too fine! and so vague that it is hard to know when we stop becoming God-centric and me-centric instead.
But the good thing is, as far as job is concerned, I know I am not content... which means, I know that there is something else I want to be doing. As long as I don't feel content, I know I am still looking at the prize.
As for the marriage part, I have left it in God's hands... but I know I am not obsessed to get married and I know I can always adopt kids later... so, that is also fine lah...
So, then the next issue is money... hmmm... this one needs a lot of guidance lah..
Anyway... sorry to be so vague... will write more later lah... brain shutting down..
.
^__^
No comments:
Post a Comment