So, apparently Blogspot has introduced some new features and design. Hence the new look. I couldnt find anything with coffee beans so I just settled for books. Something I do miss enjoying. I recently bought 2 books at a bazaar yesterday while waiting for the media and my client. One was printed in 1911, but the reviews on the cover of the book has great promises to a good read. Will see about that, hopefully the smell of mildew wont turn me off.
Other than that, I am finding myself constantly struggling with being the senior. While I am thankful to finally have some help and being able to delegate things. I have to admit, certain things are not so stressful now. However, whilst that may be true, I have also traded those things for other things that can also cause stress.
I think for someone who has OCD and anal tendencies, delegating and letting go is CHALLENGING! Nothing is within your control and you cant be breathing down your junior's necks 24-7. So trust is very important. But trust isnt a birthright, it is earned. And unfortunately, it comes with demonstrating that one is able to handle their task efficiently. And many times I have caught myself nagging them on certain things because they... forgot. *sigh*Then there are days I just want to delegate the task to them and watch them fly... I know, a bit over-ambitious. But I guess this comes from the desire to see them flying so I can move on in peace...
I wonder, how did Jesus feel when he was leaving his disciples? I mean we all know that reason he was sent to earth, but the one thing that isnt fully documented (or maybe I am not aware of) is, was the timing of Jesus's death chosen because God felt the 12 men were ready or it was decided regardless if they were? And if it was regardless, how did Jesus feel knowing they will be left to bumble their way through?
Nevertheless, they all made their mark and carried the torch (the Gospel) in their own way and hence the millions impacted by what they had done.
Anyway, because of the change in my designation, I had to move cubicles... not that I didnt appreciate the change, but it was like the Great Move. So many things to pack and re-adjust. Getting use to the new perspective is also interesting... I guess I like my lowly hidehole and the fact that I am protected by distractions and people so I an feign ignorance. On the other hand, it is nice to see my table so CLEAN! hahaha... Hope I can keep up the cleanliness...
^__^
No comments:
Post a Comment