BUT, there are a few things I should share... now more than ever. So, I am going to do a quick rundown of interesting highlights...
1. Answered prayer
Out of the blue I thought of an old friend and decided to get in touch. I have blogged about him a long (long) time ago... sometime before I left for UK. In a nutshell, his life wasnt easy and he was constantly challenging me about my faith and sometimes saying a lot of things (most likely out of frustration at that time) that really hurt me. So, out of desperation, I told God as much as I wanted to be there for Him, I didnt know how, and left it to Him to work in His heart. Well, turns out, God finally had His way cos my friend is not only a Christian, but confirmed, working for the church and also taking up Hebrew classes. I was rendered speechless but was also filled with an amazing warm feeling... How can I possibly dispute that God not only hears my prayers, but also answers them!?
2. All in God's time
Dont get me wrong... It isnt that I am not grateful for what she does... but sometimes her statements along the way does make it a bit bitter to stomach the good intentions lah. And so after a long period of battling, I decided, enough was enough and put my foot down. So, I am finally putting my money where my mouth is so I can be rid of the dependency. It will no doubt make a huge dent in the reservoir, not like there is a lot in the first place, it is a good start to moving a head in many other areas in my life.
I know this is a bit vague... but just want to cover my back in case some people read and then come after me for what I write. Not that I really care, but guess I am not in the mood to defend or justify the situation.
Just know that, this is something in my life that I just have to do.
3. When it rains, it pours...
I know that the original def of the idiom means that when things go wrong, many other things go wrong at the same time. Whilst some days it may be true... but this time, it is absolutely the opposite. Well, my wheels have arrived, and on top of that, I got the number I really (really) wanted... but it wasnt like I was praying for it lah cos I didnt think I had the option of choice.
Then, I got a promotion... and an increment. This one, I didnt see it coming lah... cos I dont know... just didnt. But the timing is perfect lah...
And plus on the same day, Uncle passed his exams and the nuts gathered at JN's place to celebrate his birthday.
4. We are family
Whilst at JN's place, he said he was glad that I could be there and that he is so grateful to have friends in KL as opposed to celebrating it quietly. Although I dimissed him getting all emo on me, but at the same time, I am also acutely aware that nothing in life is coincidence. Esp the way JN and I met up again after those one off times in camp and absolutely no effort to keep in touch.
JN's presence in SMACC as well as his family's friendship is definitely a blessing to us in SMACC and to the Nuts, though I was quiet worried if they could stomach the Nuts.
Dont get me wrong, but the Nuts are an acquired taste. Some may find us a bit too loud and chaotic, while some of us will say that it is never a dull moment when we are around. While the group is shrinking for various reasons, it is still great to always spend time with them. And I am glad Uncle and JN enjoy their company too. I would hate it if Uncle and them dont get along cos I wouldnt know how to pick.
5. The road less travelled
I think I can honestly say that relationships scare me because you never know what is around the corner and worst yet, is the relationship even there once you have taken the turn?
I have no regrets trying to get back on the wagon despite the few failed efforts... the other rider in the wagon is worth the extra effort (and I hope I am to him) but there is still a lot to work on... like actually voicing our issues despite how the other person may react. It is important to be honest and expressive, because neither genders are mind readers, despite how women may assume to be. And it is important that when the other person does voice out, you dont judge, get defensive and argumentative but be open and talk it through.
Of late both parties have been busy with work and so we havent really spent time talking or hanging out. While I am not overtly concern about the time meeting up, I really dont like that sometimes we dont try hard enough to talk daily - I dont mean the long 2++++ hours... but even a simple few minutes to check up on each other is important. Maybe this is just my perception lah... :-/
And the latest thing we have started doing that I am thoroughly proud of is praying together. Sometimes our prayers are hilarious other times it is filled with mercy and the acknowledgement that it is by God's grace we are together...
6. Planning is good...
While I am glad for those around me who are settling into matrimonial bliss, I am not overtly concern about me not heading in that direction. Lets be real... I do want to settled down and eventually have a family, the white picket fences... the whole 9 yards. But sometimes when it comes to relationships, it isnt always about what I want and it certainly isnt what people think should be the right approach and course of action - even tho they have the best interest at heart. Sometimes, when in a relationship, you need to consider the other person's plan and somehow work together for what is the best course of action suitable for you. Now this part is the hardest... cos sometimes it means giving up your white picket fences and option for no fences, or perhaps another type of fence.
But the question is, is the fence more important that the home and the residence in itself?
7. The BIGGER picture
Of late I have been battling with certain people about the BIGGER picture. In case you are not aware, I am not one of those who bother to fester on certain issues esp if I know the outcome or the issue in itself doesnt change anything major in my life.
Maybe it is an occupational hazard, but I am trained not to dwell in problems, but to immediately bounce back, think outside the box, find a resolution, learn from the situation and move on. The faster the better. But of late certain individuals in my life (who shall remain nameless) seem interested in picking on issues that are really (and I mean REALLY) small and can be easily ignored. But what is it about the situation that even tho decisions have been made and clearly everyone is moving on, yet there they are sitting there and picking the situation! Esp after you already said, "it is ok, let it go" OR "problem sorted"...
In addition, there are more important things in life, but they chose to whine and fuss about nonsensical issues in life. Or maybe to me, they are not a priority and it just seems futile for them to go on and on (and on and on) about it because I just wont compute.
I could actually give an example, but then it would be obvious what is the issue and who it relates to, and right now, I am just not in the mood to justify myself.
So you will have to deal with the vaguness of this posting. And apologies if they are spelling errors... want to quickly write this and post before I get distracted and it becomes another incomplete post again...
^__^
2 comments:
Congratulations on the promotion and everything else that is good in your life right now. May it only get better and better from here. :)
Hey thanks! I didnt think anyone read my nonsense anyway! hahaha...
PS... I will be in touch... got something else in store for your tummy!
^__^
Post a Comment