Thursday, September 08, 2005

Part II : Seek ye first His Kingdom...

Right down to Monday I still hadn’t decided if I wanted to go for camp. And of course, based on the previous posting, I went and I am glad I did.

But the decision to go was an interesting one. One that has to be shared.

For months I was thought patience and many a times I fought to hold my tongue. And it was ironic that has I looked back to my KPI, I realised that one of the things I wrote was to be able to defend myself to my clients and manage them effectively. I think in a way, the reason I was calm and able to put up with the nonsense she drove me to was because my boss was behind me. For once, I didn’t feel alone when going through a difficult time. I have to admit, there were many times I felt the org was failing me as I was forced to deal with issues that I wasn’t so sure I was equip with.

And the ultimate show of support came when whilst driving me home after the dinner meeting, she told me that though having passion for our work and client is good, we should never allow it to rule us to a point we forsake our lives. And with that, she urged me to go for camp. So I struggled to make sure I complete all that I needed. By the way, another show of support – it was my birthday and I was rushing to make sure I was prepared for the dinner meeting, and in the midst of chaos, my org decide to throw me a birthday thingy. Yes I was going to cry – cos I was stressed but most importantly I was going to miss each and every one of them.

Anyway… so I managed to get things done and I boarded the bus to camp. And of course throughout the camp my mind was on work and I was constantly on the phone. After some time, I just got tired of doing it. I decided I didn’t travel all the way across the sea to work from the island and I delved in to the camp.

I have to admit, I was so glad that the boat was still afloat when I came back and of course I was so entirely grateful to those who mend the fort while I was away. Shawn was amazing in handling the chaos. I think he is an incredible blessing to me and the company.

Of course the event went well. Better then I expected. And some thing tells me the reason it went well because I decided to “Seek ye first the kingdom of God” hence “all these things shall be added unto you”. The turn out was better then expected and I was pleased at how smoothly the entire thing went.

My next task is to ensure my pitches and follow up sessions fall into place and also runs smoothly.

Lets continue to chill & fill and find out…

No comments: