Today I made a friend. Not just any friend... but someone totally unexpected who surprised me today with her honesty and kindred spirit.I honestly didn't think I would find someone who would feel and think like me... don't get me wrong, we are different in a few ways... but she has been an amazing confidante since I came here. And though I have shared many things with her, today was different, because she
finally found the confidence in confiding in me.
(something we both love...)
One of the major issues about making friends is the fear if that person will look you in the same way after they have found out something about your sordid past. I had that fear... but recently, when confronted, I was open about the things I had done in my past and some of the regrets and hard lessons I had to learn through my could have been avoided mistakes. But though mistakes, I must confess that I would go through them again for it is by them I am made stronger. I think I have come full circle with a lot of things in my life, and though some aspects of my past may shock many people, I also feel they are an essential part of me. However, of course I am not going to shout my life history from the mountain top...
Anyway... I am not saying the friends I have thus far are not good... they have been and they are. And there are the few that I am particularly fond of because they not only know my shortcomings but have been a tremendous force of encouragement as I am on this journey. You know who you are... ^__^
But I am very much aware that there was always a part of me that was holding back certain information about myself... maybe not to everyone, and not about everything. But certainly I have been holding back.
I guess today, it is a blessing, because I have found another person who has been so boldly honest and transparent about her failings and inadequacies but yet I have been absolutely inspired by watching her mature in faith.
I don't know how our friendship will be comes Jan. Maybe circumstances now have brought us together and maybe when I go home circumstances will separate us... though I am hoping this not to be so. But.. for now, I can only give thanks to God for her love and friendship.
^__^
One of the major issues about making friends is the fear if that person will look you in the same way after they have found out something about your sordid past. I had that fear... but recently, when confronted, I was open about the things I had done in my past and some of the regrets and hard lessons I had to learn through my could have been avoided mistakes. But though mistakes, I must confess that I would go through them again for it is by them I am made stronger. I think I have come full circle with a lot of things in my life, and though some aspects of my past may shock many people, I also feel they are an essential part of me. However, of course I am not going to shout my life history from the mountain top...
Anyway... I am not saying the friends I have thus far are not good... they have been and they are. And there are the few that I am particularly fond of because they not only know my shortcomings but have been a tremendous force of encouragement as I am on this journey. You know who you are... ^__^
But I am very much aware that there was always a part of me that was holding back certain information about myself... maybe not to everyone, and not about everything. But certainly I have been holding back.
I guess today, it is a blessing, because I have found another person who has been so boldly honest and transparent about her failings and inadequacies but yet I have been absolutely inspired by watching her mature in faith.
I don't know how our friendship will be comes Jan. Maybe circumstances now have brought us together and maybe when I go home circumstances will separate us... though I am hoping this not to be so. But.. for now, I can only give thanks to God for her love and friendship.
^__^
No comments:
Post a Comment