I got an email from a friend yesterday asking me where should she go to meet men. I don't know why I took so long to answer her... I mean seriously, if I knew would I still be single!? She unfortunately has not been paying attention to my blogs.
But seriously, I am not sitting in Starbucks and there was a really nice hottie sitting on the next table. Only problem was, he was immersed in his work to notice me and I look like some aunty who just woke up. That and he moved his seat so the sun would not be in his eyes hence his back was facing me. Unless the joe had eyes in the back of his head, aunty look or not, I have no chance of getting his attention.
But it did make me think for a bit... which is something I rarely do. Where does one go to find men? Honest answer...
1) Car workshops.
Haven't you noticed that men take more care about their cars than they do with their appearances?
2) Computer shops
Men are drawn to electronic gadgets like moth to a flame.
3) Musical instruments.
Now this is a hit and miss. If you man is very much into music than music stores and concerts. I once went out with an incredible bass player... and he actually stopped paying attention to me when one of his favourite bassist was performing on TV. That was about 15 minutes. Then he turned at me looking very sheepishly and said sorry but I just had to watch. I should have been mad, but at least it wasn't the swimsuit beauty pageant.
But hanging out in places like that is not good enough. The best part is if you know what you are doing there. Then you earn a few more points. But be careful not to upstage Joe in the knowledge department. Not many men like women who can fix their PCs / engines better than they can.
Going out with him also meant doing a lot of window shopping at music stores and upgrading his equipment. I was bored, but at least he was happy. Once again, I also thanked God he wasn't looking at playboy.
4) Bars
Now someone told her bars. I have an issue about this. I do agree, bars and clubs are excellent places to hunt for the opposite sex. BUT... I have come to discover in my brief forays in such places. Men who want to be noticed are usually obnoxious and the men who don't want to be noticed are usually the sweetie-pies. And the bartenders are not allowed to socialise with the patrons though I have met a few who have broken the rules.
5) Hit and run?
Hit a cute guy's car and get his number for insurance purposes.
6) Hospital?
I met a really cute guy in a hospital once. And we kept in touch for a while. But if it wasn't for that fact that he was in Singapore and I was in Malaysia, there may have been some hope. Then again I like to dream...
7) Men's clothing department
Now this is a good place. And a gay friend of mine told me that the best way to 'read' a guy is to see kind of underwear he gets. I am not going to go into detail here... because these are secrets of the trade you don't just dish out for free. So moving along... he said best place - the underwear department. Only problem I think here is if I, a female was loitering in a men's underwear section, there are only 3 types of men I would be buying for. My dad. My brother. My significant other.
My dad... one usually doesn't spend so much time looking for underwear for dads. In fact I think any sane girl that spends so much time shopping for underwear for dad needs a bit more female influence in her life.
My brother. Now why in heavens name would I want to get my brother underwear!? Then again I don't have a brother. Even so, I would probably want to get something really stoopid and silly so should he ever have to strip his significant other would burst out laughing at his tasteless garb.
My significant other. Need I say more? Who is going to notice you here!?
By the way... a friend of mine was spotted in a Spongebob Squarepants boxer. Now... on an ordinary day I already think he is cute. After the free view of his boxer, I think he is even cuter! Too bad he is younger...
I could go on but because I lack credible sources (which I also lacked in all the other points above) I think I should stop here. Also it is time to go home.
So... a word of warning before I go. Everything said here is absolute pure codswollop and has no bearings to real life. Any attempt to take my advice or quote me will decrease your common sense whatsoever.. assuming you had any to begin with.
PS... Babes, did I answer your question?
^__^
10 comments:
She should try Dublin. I hear it's FULL of hunky men!
Church camps :-p
I've been to Dublin and came back single. Been to church camps and came back single as well.
Don't think she is going to take my word on this considering I am not a good testament.
But then again... I am dysfunctional...
^__^
You're not dysfunctional and I don't believe in being on the lookout for the one... I guess its more about letting Him prepare you and although this is sooooo cliche, He will send the man your way soon enough, warts and all. (Then you get to give him a slap and say what took you so long!)
:-p
Really, you've been to Dublin?! Aren't the men there just amazingly yummy!!
There are 2 sides to a coin. Its one thing looking for the Mr Right. Its another being right for him too!
-KC
True... I agree with KC. Maybe that is why it is so hard to find someone.
^__^
PS... the guys in DUblin are not yummylicious. BUT the food and the sights are GORGEOUS!
^__^
Ah'ha, but what about the company you were with when enjoying 'said food'? He must have been heart-stoppingly handsome. Come on, admit it already!
:-)
the bible says not to lie!
^__^
Good post.
Post a Comment