Thursday, September 27, 2007

My 3 Stooges

Very few people will know of my fascination for cactus. To be honest, very few people know of my interest in plants. The only thing that turns me off is having to care and tend to it. The re-potting, the watering and the fertiliser bit.

Maybe if it was the smaller ones I wouldn't mind. Easier to manage.

I stem my love-hate relationship for flora to my younger days when I would detest watering the plants because apparently the best time to water the plants is always when I am beached in front of the TV watching my favourite cartoon. And because the watering can was small, I had to make 2 trips, and therefore, missing at least half of my 30 minute cartoon. But with all the advertisements in between, I might as well have missed the entire programme.

My love, well, because no matter how old I am, I will never stop being amused by the way things grow. (God's imagination and power is just amazing!) Maybe that is why I love the weather in UK... every season I am left speechless at how the trees change colours and the leaves wither. Then just when you are used to seeing all the trees barren, you suddenly see a light shade of green appearing again symbolising rebirth.

OK... anyway... I finally got myself some green friends again... cactus. The only thing that suits well with my love-hate relationship. They don't need too much love and just a minimal amount to keep it going. Perfect!

So... here are Moe, Larry and Curly.

Moe... well... he is growing some er... things... well, it was already there when I got him, just that they are bigger now.

Curly is the laziest of the lot... not much difference. But I think that is because his lil pot is a bit too small for him to grow. Need to do something about it.

And Larry... now Larry is mind-boggling. The first day Larry came, he was quite er... tall with a rounded tip. Almost made me want to name them something else all together.

But after 1 week, Larry has grown... taking a very interesting shape. He was a lot more crooked 2 days ago as opposed to when this pic was taken... I decided to conduct an experiment. I suspected Larry was growing in the direction of the sun - left them out in the pantry over the weekend.

And so I decided to reverse his direction to see if that was true... and indeed, he is a little straighter then he was before.

Theory is proven. Time to call the Nobel judging committee...

Anyway... so there you have it... Moe, Larry and Curly... my current source of entertainment.

*Amazing how idle minds can amuse themselves so easily*

**Amazing how lame one can get when one is lazy to write and struggling to find something to write about**

***But seriously... I have been busy ok, and Larry is such a blogable thing***

^__^



[DAY 1]



[DAY 7- Larry]



[DAY 7 - Moe]



[DAY 7 - Curly]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to look for Mr LARRY whose hair is CURLY and he has a MOLE under his chin.

-KC