Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Splinter - part 1

I have a splinter in my finger. It isn't very small but sometimes it can go unnoticed. 

I can't even recall how it managed to get under my skin. I remember playing with a toy that I had found and though at first it was nothing spectacular, but I suppose it was one of those toys that grew on me. 

To be honest, I knew if I didn't stop playing with the toy, I would eventually get so used to having it around to occupy and keep me entertained. And I also noticed the little splinter on the toy and I knew, if I didn't let go, it would just go under my skin. 

And of course it did. 

I can't recall when it happened, but it has. And I have been living with it for a while. There are days when it doesn't hurt that much and I can go on ignoring it. But there are days when it hurts so much that I start to cry because of the pain. 

There are also days I wear a plaster so I can ignore the presence of the splinter - I suppose out of sight, out of mind. But it doesn't work, and doesn't last long. 

I know I need to get it out before it goes deeper under my skin. And I should also get rid of the toy. But right now it is just so hard. I have grown so accustomed to it and I almost feel so lost without the toy or when sometimes. 

And the worst part is, I don't know how to get it out. It hurts if I don't... and I know it will hurt as well if I do. 

Or maybe I do know how but am too afraid to do it. Or maybe I am either hoping for someone else to take it out for me or for it to mold itself to be something that is a part of me... 

*sigh*

I really don't know what to do......

No comments: