Thursday, March 11, 2010

The pangs of female hormones


I hate being female sometimes. And it isnt even because we have the pangs of childbirth or that certain things are no longer perky after a while. But I hate sometimes the impractical reactions and thoughts our emotions sometimes leads us to do.

And worst of all, esp when it is towards the time of the month when I have noticed myself sometimes getting a bit more emo than required.

At this point, I must thank God for giving me the ability to sometimes take a step back and relook the situation and also (try) to be objective. Most days I can be practical and I suppress a lot of the emoness before I end up saying things and doing things I eventually regret. There were a few times I have accidentally shot my mouth off, and luckily I am able to retract or do damage control. This, I attribute to God's kindness to allow me to be "woman" sometimes.

I am not saying being a female is such a curse, but I do think that sometimes the world can be a more peaceful place if women stop being so emo sometimes. Sometimes, rather than looking at the black spot, we look at the big picture. Or rather than get angry because he bought us a hair-dryer for V-day instead of flowers to perhaps, understand from his view (men tend to be practical) bought the dryer because he saw it as something we use all the time, and flowers will just fade away. Having said this, i met someone who told me that she will divorce her husband if her husband ever bring her to the hawker stalls for her birthday.

Hmm... I thot that was a bit too dramatic lah! Perhaps her hubby is "wining and dining" her in different ways. If there is one thing I have learnt from my male friends and from being in relationships, if that sometimes when it comes to men, it is easier to understand the intention of their action, rather than persecute them for the action in itself.

So, back to my bane.

So, I am right now (desperately) torn between being the emo woman and finally lambasting someone for something irritating the person has done, and being the understanding person and letting it go. But here is the ultimate question : where do I draw the line when I can say, "hey, I have been understanding enough ok - stop doing this, because it irritates me!" without being judged as being an emo woman?

Some time back, I picked an argument with someone I was seeing - he had the terrible knack of not replying smses or replying calls. I know sometimes ppl can be busy and not respond, but forget the fact I am someone you are dating, but isnt it common courtesy to at least respond eventually? I know on my part, sometimes I may take a day or even 2 to revert - because it totally slipped my mind, but at least I eventually did. Something better than nothing right? So with that, I actually let it go for a long time because I didnt want to come across as a whinny partner, but after a while, I realised, hey! Even if I wasnt someone he was seeing, that still isnt right! So, I gave in to the emo side, and went for the jugular! hahaha... Needless to say, I made my point.

So, back to my predicament... what should I do now!? To be emo or let it go? After 3 hours of thinking, I am still no where near a decision! I hate this!



1 comment:

coffeerox said...

I dont know if I will regret it, but I raise the white flag. In other words, I just let it go.

I wonder how long before I actually decide to go, "HEY!"?