Hi.
I am back in action. I just finished my newsletter which took me forever to finish. Even once I was done with the first draft, the proofreading was a long and windy road. And lets no forget the editing and making sure everything fitted into an even number of pages - preferably 8. Before I started I told myself that I should not put too many pictures and also not too long. But what can I say, to be sweet and short is not a trait I possess.
Anyway, I am glad it is done, and I will start on the next one hopefully by the end of this week so I don't have the same problem I did. I included my email add in as well so I hope to receive emails from home about it - comments and stuff. It would be nice to receive mails from home.
Ok... first... about the previous post, I have had a chance to reread and I must say, somethings do not make sense. Yes... I know I wrote them, but hey, I never said I was intelligent right? And besides, we are always allowed to change our minds isn't it?
Firstly I realised I usually blog when I am full of thought or upset or something. To be honest, I think I hardly blog when I am happy. Like I was estatic on Thursday. Why was I estatic? Well, 2 reasons :
1) Mom and Rach are coming to visit me in June! And I can't wait to see them although I am not too keen of my mom telling stories about me lah. But still... I would love to see them and spend some time with them. I want to talk Rach shopping to charity shops... they are so super cun lah and you do get quite nice stuff. Maybe not in Wellington, but def in Shrewsbury and travelling there is live going to KLCC from PJ so that should be ok for my mom to travel.
2) Laraine - the woman in charge of the singing group in CC organised a sing-in charity do. Ppl are suppose to pay for us to sing and the money goes to the Bishop of Lichfeild's Lent Appeal. I think we made more then £200 which was good. The kids sang from 12 noon till 8pm. I thought it was such an ingenious idea! Anyway... I managed to get the rest of the volunteers to help out, but that is not why I was happy. I managed to get the guy that interviewed me for BBC Shropshire to come and film and interview the kids and Laraine. Like my days in PLC, I was so estatic I secured an interview for my 'client' and like always, client will always act up and cari pasal. Laraine didn't want to do the interview and I had to be tactful in approaching the subject as I felt it was great publicity for a church that is going to lose their building soon if they don't do something and for a church that didn't even know they had any young people. Well, I can understand why she didn't want to do it - she felt she was not the right person to be the spokesperson and that by the time he comes, she would look like hell. I spoke to VS hoping he would do it, but he said since Laraine organised it, she should do the interview. I like the man more and more - he gives credit to the right ppl when credit is due. Anyway, 30 minutes later, Laraine called to say she had prayed about it and that she will do it. THANK YOU GOD! The kids I think had a great time with the interview and for a brief moment in time, I felt I was back to my PR days.
Ok... back to what I was saying... hmm... this is quite a predicament I got myself into. First I said I never blog when I am upset, then I realised that I normally blog when I am and not when I am happy and then I go and tell you some happy things that has happened. So... when do I really blog?
I suppose the answer is when the mood hits me or when I find time to do it. I like to blog, well not really I mean I like to jot my thoughts as it helps me think. And i like reading back what I have written to see how my thoughts has progressed. I remember saying from the onset of this blog that this will become like my online journal. Now I think it is becoming more and more like story telling time. I don't know how ppl will percieve me when they read esp ppl who don't know me or ppl who thought they finally figured me out and then I go and spring some wild fact about me. I know some ppl were amused by my sudden facination about crossing bounderies and some about my spiritual struggle and wonder how both entries could be written by the same person. This is where I proudly say that I am special and I have more layers than English babies coming out of the house in winter.
I know I am strange, and my thoughts are so diverse and that I am quirky. But I suppose that is why I am unique and you ppl love me. hahaha... what a load of self praise!
Anyway... I do want to thank all of you for taking time to read and laugh and cry with me. I don't really know how many ppl read this but I only hope someone out there will one day read something here that will encourage them or help them see something in a different light.
The one thing I MUST share before I go ; remember how I said it is amazing how sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways? And when you least expect it, He speaks to you? Well... if I have never told you that before, I am telling you now - our Lord works in mysterious ways and then you least expect it, He will provide answers to your questions and doubts and speak to you.
In my previous blog, I shared how I was unsure if my presence here will make a diffference to anyone and you know what, after that entry, I had 3 different ppl in different times tell me how my presence here has made a difference and that they are glad I am here. I am not kidding you when I say I felt God's arms around me at those moments. One person said she is glad I am here as she feels she has a confidante in me. Her husband died a few years back, her kids have moved away and with her mom having Alzhimer's disease and her dad is very old, she has been feeling a bit lonely. She is busy caring for her parents and still being the stronghold for her kids and grandkids. You know how you sometimes wonder, who cares for the carer? There are certain ppl who are so giving of themselves that we forget that they need someone to give to them as well. And for her, she feels God has sent me to be her 'carer'. Tell me lah... how can you not cry after listening to that? I know I said sometimes Eng ppl can be so sickly sweet, but this is in a different level all by itself. And all I can say is, 'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD'
Anyway children of joy and happiness (by the way, that is how I get the kids to pay attention to what I have to say... hahaha...), I need to go to bed. But before that I have something else to do...
so cont to chill and fill ok!
^__^
2 comments:
hiya,
good to know that your mum and sis will be coming over to visit you! bet ur all excited...hope the warm summer sneaks in by then so that its much easier to tour or walk about in the city.
take care babes..keep in touch ok?
SB
hey SB..
Tried calling you a while back. Went to VM. Don't know if you got it.
^__^
Post a Comment