OK... to be honest I don't really feel like blogging. To be honest, I have been in the mood to speak much lately... yes... one of them bad days and all I wanted was to shut myself up. I think it was a pile up of the long weeks I have been having and also having to be on the go during the weekends was tiring me out. hahaha... yes... I know... If I could survive in such a stressful job in KL life here should be a piece of cake. But I think it was the emotional tiredness. Anyway... coupled with me being sick last week, it didn't help at all.
So anyway... earlier this week I met up with family for a road trip. Now I must say that i have never been quite happy with one family member's choice as a partner in a relationship. But having said that, I also know I am in no position to dictate who my family should date. So I shut up and try to make the best out of it. But aparently, new thing has been causing a bit of dissension in the family. anyway to make things worse, it escalated during the trip and dinner was colder then the artic. I felt annoyed esp since the problematic partner was a friend of mine and I knew from the start that there would be issues to deal with in later years. And to witness it was like something coming to bite me in my butt. Ppl say it is not my fault but come onlah... they met because of me. So excuse me while I blame myself.
Anyway... i was sad / angry / annoyed by the whole thing esp at the fact that I could not do anything to make peace. Then I sit in church during the morning prayers and a man decideds that it was a perfect time to pass out. We had to call an ambulance and while waiting for it, he wanted to close his eyes. See... I panic when some old enough to remmember the WWII decides to pass out and then want to close his eyes to rest. I worry he may not wake up! Anyway... off he went and the rest of us tried to continue on with the service and we offered up prayers to him.
For me it was troubling because to me, it represented the state of the church. Our pews are filled with ppl who are 'in the waiting lounge' and it is a matter of time before the plane comes. Where are all the young people who are suppose to be working in the airport? (i know strange metaphor - i got it from Jem - more about Jem in a bit)
So while walking from church to my next destination and feeling shitty about life, I was reminded of that prayer 'Lord give me the understanding to accept the things I can't change and the wisdom to change the things I can. Amen' (or something similar to that lah. Yes, i know the picture takes it to a non-Christian level... but it is funny and you laughed, so sue me!). I walked pass an old lady struggling with her trolly, obviously after her shopping. My gut told me to stop. Long story short - I ended up going back to her place today (i met her yesterday on the road) to help her do housework. Both husband and wife are 86 and sickly and hving trouble doing the chores. So I did the vacuming and washed the bath tub. Don't ask me what possesed me. All I know is, this was something I could change. Something I could do about it to make a difference for her and before I left, I prayed for her and she said a prayer for me - not something I expected. This is what Christianity is suppose to be about - divine appointments. Just when I was feeling crappy, something nice like this pops up. BTW... the women's name is Jem and she was the one that told me she was in the waiting lounge.
I also found out that most likely I will be moving sometime in May. Don't know who I will be living with but whoever it is I hope that person has broadband and a dog. I am not too high about having kids in the house as I am begining to find English kids a little too annoying. They lack respect - don't even talk about respect for other ppl, but even respect for themselves. They act stoopid and carry themselves in such a disgraceful manner I am so amazed. Yes... something happenend to make me feel so shitty about them... but I am too tired to go into that. Lets just say, some kids need to be smacked lah.
Anyway... one good thing though! I got the kids to listent to This Blood by Carman and we had a short discussion about the cruxifixion and they are in the midst of practising for Holy Week. I pray to God we get it right and the message gets acorss... it is such a powerful song and if done right, can hit you right in the middle of the heart. So I am praying all will go well... I was even more touched when the requested for the lyrics so they can take it and show they friends and get them to come for the service. I always believe kids are diamonds in the rough but there are the few idiots that must always have a bit of mud and shit around it - like the one I want to smack. I hope I find the diamond snoon in this one.
so... yeah... all in a nutshell... my grumblings and praising for the week.

1 comment:
hi babes...
am praying for u...take one day at a time okies? i didn't get ur call that day. christine rajaratnam sends her love and regards. you are not far away from our thoughts and prayers..
stay strong babes...:)
SB
Post a Comment