Thursday, April 13, 2006

My little rascals....

Lest start with the not so christian bit first... yesterday at the final rehersal for the youth meditation, I really... and I mean REALLY felt like killing them one by one. I couldn't get them to be silent... and I couldn't get them to pay attention and in the end I had to resort to bribery. 'OK... listen up... if we don't nail this rehearsal, you are not going to have your crips and pop. so we can sit here all day and rehearse, so lets do this right and take a break.'

Now... I am not a one for bribery... but to take away their crips and pop was the ultiate sin anyone can do to these kids and of course I got them to comply. My priest ask if I was ok... I said I wanted to sedate these kids... he told me if I distract them, he will pop a valium into their pop. I thought it was a brilliant idea until we both realised that neither one of us brought our valium with us. So we prayed for sanity instead.

The mediation... well, it started with me bumbling and getting a bit nervous but once the show was off the road... it could only go up thanks to our Lord! The kids were amazing! The people were touched! I was glad it was over! We created a mess... but it was a spirit filled evening. God is simply amazing...

Thank you for your prayers and support.

I only wish these kids in time to come will see they are worth something. I am having touble trying to get these kids to take things seriously esp themselves. They seem to think they are absolutely useless and have nothing good to say about themselves. It is sad when chidlren are so low in self esteem. It is even low when children fail to see they are God's creation.

I pray that God will teach me to teach them.....

^__^

No comments: