Thursday, April 20, 2006

What a week....

I had an amazing week Holy Week and it still has not ended.

Well, lets start with Wednesday. I still can't get the thought of my children of joy and happiness out of my mind. They were awesome and they are awesome. And I pray to God each day for wisdom and guidance in Sowing The Seed 101. The kids are repeating their fantabulous performance next Sunday - 30th April in CC. CC is known to be a high church... It still practices the smells and bells - incense and banging the gong before communion. Have yet to understand the significance of that. The ppl there are of the impression that children should be seen and not heard, better not seen as well as they represent the possible noise and problems of today's world. Ppl are still very much to themselves and many are still in the 'me, myself and I' category. Christ to them is still on the cross. I suspect when I disrupt the normality of their little lives on Sunday and introduce the children, I may no longer be their favourite person. To be honest, I don't think I am. Considering I spend so much time there, many still treat me like their peeling wall paper. If we ignore it long enough, it will eventually peel away and no one will know the difference.

That is not why I came to UK.

Don't get my wrong, I don't want to be remembered as the Malaysian volunteer who rocked the boat so hard till it sank, but I want them to know my faith and who my God is. And to those that know me, know that I often like to stir trouble. And since you don't like the children, the more I want to shove them in front of you. I want to make the children to 'loud and noticable' in the church that they must wake up from their slumber and recognise that the youth of today and their simple faith is a force to be reckon with. I met a fellow christian - Martin who was a youth worker in his church before he had to move away because of his job told me that young ppl today are in a whole new spiritual plane. And they are amazing prayer warriors and soldiers of Christ right now. And I believe that. And I have faith that these children despite how rejected they are right now, will one day be on that plane with the rest of them.

So I am currently on fire for the coming Sunday.

Dill also suggested that I should get the children to sing a song in church at least once a month - to slowly shove the kids in their faces. hehehe... I think it is a brilliant idea!

Moving along, my sharing was quite funny cos I was so amazingly nervous! I said, 'Jesus was a man that defied norms and was quite quirky. He called Peter and changed his name to Simon,' (when it was the opposite) and I also said, 'Jesus called fishes to be men.' But in the end, they said it was refreshing and that it was simple and honest. I was greatful to God because I was afraid if the message was not adaptable to them. But that night was different... I saw my dad so many times during the service. I saw my dad in the robes and realised his role as a servant to the church. I saw him during the feet washing and I desperately wanted to wash his feet. Kinda like how Peter felt he should have been washing Jesus' feet instead.

Then Friday, I recieved an email from my ex boss... saying that they have the profit share from last year and I was entitled to a bit of cash. Not a lot... but def worth something when I come back to Malaysia without a job. So that was great news.

Then Saturday, I met someone... PG. No... this is NOT what you think. (in fact I am not even going to correct your thoughts and let you read on and wonder!) He played for us because our organist wasn't around and really, all I wanted to do during the service was to whisper into his ears to play faster and don't worry about the congregation having a heart attack. But I behaved myself.

We chatted and instantly, and even had coffee after the service. We spent HOURS talking about our faith and our experiences with God and when we first fell in love with him. I was nice to finally meet someone who was so intuned with his faith rather than those who are used to being Christians rather than experiencing Him. 

Anyway... it has been a great week and it can only get better...


No comments: