A lot of things in my life is driven by the deep gut feel that I believe is the voice of God speaking as my conscience. That gut feel has carried me through a lot of things in life, and it is only when I experience that amazing overflowing sense of peace that I know my choice or the direction God is point me into is the right path.
So, my friend then asked me if I wanted to give up.
*sigh*
The easy answer would be yes... but in the midst of praying about this and talking to God, the only thing God repeated over and over again to me was the commitment I made and to love unconditionally. Love the good, the great and also the bad and the hurts that my commitment would bring. And God in turn will help me deal with it. But it wasnt just the answer that came, it was also the sense of peace washing over me.
Now, one thing I have to say about this sense of peace... I know for a fact that this peaceful feeling does not mean everything will be hunky dory, but the realisation that this is part of God's plan to test my faith in him and the depths of sincerity to what I committed myself into. I guess it is just that the occasional pains and hurts can sometimes cloud my senses and conscienceness from remembering that peace.
So, as long as my heart knows it is God who is still in control, I guess I will have to hold on to my commitment, unless of course the circumstances of my commitment change and I may have to renounce it, then I suppose I will treat my experience and the situation as a lesson from God.... however painful it may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment