Sunday, June 21, 2009

Balcony People

Earlier this month I was at a friend's church camp. The theme was Lead-Change-Grow and during one of the sessions, the speaker was talking about Balcony People.

The speaker defined Balcony People as those sitting on the sidelines who are cheering people on in their race. They may support in shout of encouragement or financially support us, recognises our potential and nudges us in the right direction and have a heart of a servant. One of the greatest biblical examples was Barnabas.

As the speaker continued, it was sudden;y like a movie running through my mind and I thought of all the Balcony People that has graced my life.

Now, I could list all their names here if I wanted to and I am sure I could spend all night and several days remembering each person and how they made a difference in my life. I am quite sure that 1 year or 10 years from now, I will still never be able to find enough time to list of all them down.

It is a humbling acknowledgement knowing that all these people are spurring me on in my faith and despite all my faltering and stumbling I go through God never ceases to stop sending them my way...

Remarkable isnt it, to be so loved by God...?

No comments: