Wednesday, February 11, 2009

He Knows...


I subscribe to one of them daily verse thingies and today’s verse speaks volumes lah… someone shared it with me last year and I remember saying, “Hey.. good one…” and then parked it aside for future reference, till today lah. 

Something has been plaguing my mind and initially I gave myself till end of Dec 2008 to make my decisions and move on, but that didn’t work so I gave myself an extension. (read here) 

Then I decided I should be a lot tougher on myself, so I have given myself till end of this week. Not sure if it is a good idea, but sometimes prolonging the misery is pointless – esp since I have sorta made up my mind. So even setting end of this week is just me buying time… i.e. prolonging misery lah. 

This Sunday’s sermon was about making a choice. Sometimes we get so caught up with the supposed glitz and glamour of the world that heaven’s simple and humble appearance may seem so unappealing. And sometimes it may seem as if we are getting the raw end of the deal when we do opt for the simple and humble but God’s promises treasures in heaven. So as long as we stay focused on Him, we shouldn’t go wrong. 

So anyway… It just seems timely lah for that sermon, and then today’s verse and the fact that my deadline is coming up…. Funny the way God works to remind us that He is aware of our situation and He is in control no matter how heartbreaking it may be right now… 

No comments: