ok... i am finally in the UK and i must admit i didn't think it was going to be this hard. First of all, I cried like a pathetic baby in SMACC service. Simply because I was getting worried but also I knew I was going to miss everyone. I have bonded with these bunch esp the nutters more then I have with so many of my friends. And like I said, seeing them at the airport was pure love indeed.
secondly, the being alone for one year bit. OK... so I am tech not alone - I live with a foster family which my but tells me won't be for long. And the church members are nice and polite... but it was not having anyone familiar nearby that was killing me a bit. The drive from Lichfeild after the commisioning service was nervewrecking. At least the few days when I arrived I had the girls with me... and Capt David and his wife were darlings! But thank God, Rev Vaughan and Rev Terry seem nice and chatty... esp Rev Terry. I hope they get more chatty.
Church was filled with grey hair and walking sticks. And they were singing a few familiar hymns / songs like Living Lord. I love that song! And when I was singing with my eyes closed I thought of home... but when I opened my eyes and felt the chill of the weather I knew I was too far from it. i was almost in tears. Oh... I was also almost in tears when I heard the Lichfeild Cathederal Boys Choir. Such angelic voice.. it is like angels in heaven!
I was a bit sad that when I got to my host family, they were out and I was greeted by the grandma. She was very friendly, but I was so sad I went to bed early and woke up middle of the night and smses Rach. I miss her like crazy! I miss walking into her room and squeezing into bed with her. i miss kacauing her and having her nag me to keep my room clean. i know my bill is going to be jolly bad! all the smses to her... but I can't help it! But at least I know she has great friends. that is comforting to know. I should stop mothering her... but I don't think this is so much of mothering her.. I think I finally got to a point where my relationship with my sister is so great.
anyway... I will finally start my work tomorrow. have to attend an ecumenical service _ the english here is blardy complicated! why can't they just say it's a interdenominational prayer meeting? and after that, 2 schools are coming out to visit the church. it is part of their studies. I can't quite understand this bit but I gather I will tomorrow. I was also told that I will need to get into schools and homes of young families to talk about christiany to them with the hopes of drawing them to church. i can't even convince J about why being a christian is so important! speaking of which, I hope he is OK. I reliase I have a passion for ppl like J and ironically so does my host Dill. And I would love to work with ppl like them - like J i mean. May be this is what it is all about - for me to get an idea of my direction. Dill also work with kids in the juve hall and I will get a chance to go with her. another introduction if this is my passion.
i am begining to worry that 1 year is passing so quickly! I don't know why. DOn't get me wrong, I miss home and can't wait to come home, but I feel there is so much to do and learn and one year is not enough. *SIGH*
I got a mail from Ah Chin.. .and he didn't sound too good. I hope things pick up for him. I can understand how things can be quite stressful at home... though I hope he picks up soon. poor boy...
anyway... that is all i can write for now. my mind is a bit of a mesh. worried about tomorrow yet excited. I am still haveing a bit of jet lag but I am sure by the end of this week I will get out of it.
time to sit in front of the idiot box... english ppl don't do that very often!
2 comments:
hey babes...
your first church experience in UK sounds interesting! hope all is well..keep in touch ok? see ya!
I did not know that you started your own blog. I wish I had known earlier then I would have written every now and then. I managed to get here by accident. But I am very proud of you. Keep your good work for the glory of God. Dad.
Post a Comment