OK... First I must say that I can cook OK! The yee sang I made was great - despite the fact I forgot lemon juice and that we didn't have 5 spice. But in the end, it was good! I put in some bell peppers and very strange pickled ginger but like I said... it turned out great! hahaha... I am sure you get the picture... Although I know if my sis was around to eat it, she would have said it was missing something or had too much of something. Anyway... it was all gone and ppl said it was good, but mind you, they can't really compare it to anything else anyway... Only problem is... I didn't have photos of the marvelous dish... so my mom and the rest of the world will just have to take my word for it and believe that I did the Chinese community proud... heck I even wore my Chinese baju for the occasion k...
The introduction went well and not so well... first of all no one slept.. though I saw a man dozing off. He was old anyway... must have been passed his bed time. Secondly, PB was looking at his watch, I suspect he wanted to go home early as we are traveling early tomorrow (i am going to London!!!) so he is excused. But I suddenly realised a few things while I was presenting... 2 issues... 1) I had too many pictures of orang utans... which is a personal favourite of AHEM... Yes I do find him quite attractive and I must admit, at first when I put it in, I was trying to 'please him'. Haiya... I know... lame attempt. But he is such a looker! :-( I know... I should be smacked for this. Anyway... I didn't see him ooing or ahhing at the monkeys... so at one point, I was a bit disappointed, BUT I also realised he is not that kind of person. He is very calm, collected, witty and intelligent. (I feel like a dumb blonde with him) Did I also mention he smells incredible!? I took a photo with him and he cooly sat at the altar railing... I was thinking OMG! He looks so cool... and I am going to be stuck by lighting for thinking of him in this manner... AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! I did say he smells good right?
Oh wait the bad part... yeah... ok... too many orang-utans.. and I forgot some of the stories i wanted to share... haiya... like the superstitions about CNY and that if I wasn't in UK i would be on a plane in March to visit orang-utans... (this is of course for the benefit of AHEM)
*SIGH* Why me? Why the men I find interesting are all out of league?
Anyway... tomorrow is a new week... and this week ended well I must say... And I hope my trip to London will be great. What am I saying, of course it will be great! (like my yee sang! hehehe) I am going to see my cousin and his family... which I so dearly miss!
So... off to bed I am with thoughts of orang-utan loving ppl and anticipation of London.
G'nite!
BTW... I forgot. The BBC interview... I had trouble viewing the TV bit and I didn't tune into the right radio to hear it BUT I saw it online... and it was alright lah. I do realise I speak funny... with a strange lisp. And that my hands move too much... something I must get rid off... But yeah... It is an end to a great weekend.
1 comment:
Hi babes,
Hope you had an exciting time at London especially with family during CNY!!
Take care babes!
SB
Post a Comment