Saturday, January 07, 2006

Catching up...

It has been a while since my last entry and a few things I really wanted to share but never got the diligence (the story of my life...) So I am going to try and summarise it to the best of my ability...

1. Sri Lanka
Well... to be honest I wasn't really looking forward to the trip and I didn't want to go. I felt it was a total waste of my time (considering I had tonnes of work to do and prepare for UK) and I wasn't too pleased that I had to spend money on a trip that I didn't want to be a part of. The only driving force I had was the fact that this was going to be the (first and) last time I was going to spend with my workmates... the ones that mattered of course. So i went along... It was interesting though I think we could have done with a little less travelling in the van. Charles, the driver and the boy (sorry... can't recall their names) were gems... esp when WZ and I got sick. That was pitiful! I slept through the whole day. It was nice to have ppl fussed about me... and to wath Boss become all motherly but after a while, you just want to sleep in your own bed. I must admit, in the midst of all that pain, I really wanted to get on a plane and go home. Glad it didn't... anyway, since I couldn't eat anything, I lost 3 kgs! (but no worries... it is all back now... BAH HUMBUG!) I also realised that there were some distinct characters who will always be different - Mellaprop and Tun M. Gems at heart I guess... but different. Anyway... long story short, I am indifferent about the trip. I won't say I hate it, or love it... it was a good experience. And I loved the company... namely my roomate and the terrible twins (MF and WZ). I will miss them loads... AND I will miss Ah Chin too...

2. All my bags are packed...
Thank God no one knew I was emotional a few times when I was clearing my desk. First, I have to say OH MY GAWD! AFTER 2.5 YEARS, IT IS AMAZING AT THE AMOUNT OF JUNK I HAVE ACCUMULATED! *sigh* Secondly, I am going to miss PLC. Not just the ppl... but what I do. I enjoyed my work... even though things got rough and bumpy sometimes. Boss shared at the PLC Christmas cum RR's farewell (refer to next point) that she was glad I have been off the roller coaster for quite a while now. On my last day, it was sad walking out of the office... and as sad as I was, i somehow could not cry. It hadn't hit me yet. Even now... I still get calls from the office... so a part of me feels like I am on leave. But it will all end soon... the denial, I mean.

3. So Long... Farewell...
S threw a suprise thingy for me on the last day of my work. She said we were going to Biggie's place for Christmas celebration and then she suprised me with a card and all... I felt so loved... esp when I saw the effort taken into making the card and envelope. I was glad my sis was there... though I know she is sad. I don't know what I will do without here. Even just being in Ipoh without her is a bit crappy. *sigh* Anyway... my farewell... (i should so learn to stop digressing) The Christmas party was good... and Ah Chin was hillariously funny! Though I got to know him a bit more better then I really needed to... Oh and yeah... I finally cried! THe card and the presentation they did for me... I was speechless and I felt so loved! my mom asked if PLC had ever made such an effort... and i reaslied no. Not even when BK left. I felt even more loved! They are not only my ex-workmates... but have been a huge part of my life and like my family. But as they say... the show must go on...

4. My bags... are not all packed.
Ok... this is with ref to my stuff for UK. I am 7 days away and nothing is ready! not even my ppt... this is getting stressfull!!! and I fear of being overpacked and underpacked. I am not sure who I am going to be living with and I hope to dear God I am as smart as this ppl think I am. And that I will lose weight... but technically that should be secondary lah...

5. His mercies are never-ending!
As I am trying to save and raise funds for myself... I see His love and grace so evident around me... family, friends and church members are so supportive - emotionally, spirituall and financially. Money is pouring in and I am amazed. God is indeed good! As you can see... I have nothing much to say about this because the things I am experiencing now, I have no words to describe it. All I can say I am humbled and amazed at how He never ceases to show me that He is real... and Matt 6 is no lie!

6. SMACCing great ppl
I am so going to miss this bunch of ppl... the few short months I have been hanging out with them has been an eye-opener. I have never seen so many personalities all converge into one big mesh of love. That is the power of our Lord - He just knows who to bring together and how to do it! I thank God my sis has this bunch of friends to support her... Another group of ppl who have somehow managed to secure a huge place in my life and heart... (I know eventually you guys will read this... I want you to know I am truly blessed to know you guys!)

so that is all the catching up... wasn't so bad... don't know why I procrastinated!

*I want to dream of a white Christmas but the packing is stressing me out!*

:-/

3 comments:

Yoke-Yeow Yap said...

hey! didn't know you were going to leave for UK.. when is that, and whatcha doing there? give me a buzz before you go!

Anonymous said...

Yo babe,
hope u doings fine.
me really miss ya.
hope all is good and you have adjusted your lifestyle.
How was the commissioning?
take care,
loves, jy

coffeerox said...

how nice... ppl actually leave messages... :) doing orite... but I am sure you know that by the time you read this message anyway! hahaha