.jpg)
Am I even serving him in the first place?
Well I am now in at my Young Adult camp and so many questions have been raised by those who were there – some verbalized very eloquently, some not so.
But one of the strange questions that came out was, or more like the sudden train of thought is how do we as Christians deal with what is going on in the world around is? How do we respond to issues like the oil prices going up? Or the food crisis? Or the demands of our loans and our cost of living?
How can we continue to serve God under such situations? And what is the ‘new’ definition of serving God?
I must admit, some of the things raised by the speaker were a bit over my head. Or more like over the participants head. I mean seriously, he is talking and I am writing my blog!
But even so, he is saying something that sorta amplifies something that has been in mind for a long time – why do ppl say – I didn’t get anything out of today’s service? I mean seriously… church was not created for us. We were created for church. So as the Americans used to say – ask not what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for the country!
Shouldn’t that be what church is about? What should I be doing for my church?
I remember when I challenged Mei Kee, Wai Ling and Iggy about taking 5 of their young ppl and putting them in an Anglican church and they will come out not feeling God’s presence. I blame it on how we as Christians have placed more emphasis on the form of the service to worship God but not the depth of the content of the service.
And now with the current political climate, how do I still continue to serve?
The facilitator asked an interesting question last night : since many are saying that their lifestyle will change due to the rise in oil prices, will it affect the Sunday offertory? Will it even affect the Church attendance? I mean, lets face it, certain individuals have already noted that this will def have an impact on his travels to KL – which also means that the possibility of a long term relationship is quite slim. (will update more about this). So does that mean churches will be empty? And money insufficient to keep the ministries going? Or worst yet, will re resign to going to the nearest church regardless what it may be?
(10/6/08)
Update – I am home now and freaking over my event tomorrow. The camp surprisingly ended better than expected. Met some good friends. Got to know some old friends better. And also shared how I got to where I am in my faith. Whether ppl were moved, I don’t know. But I do know that the whole experience has been good for my soul.
I also did a 200 meter suspension bridge… hehehe… that was awesome! Minus the fear that I thought I was going to break the bridge! But it was amazing nevertheless and as CP pointed out, gives you a different perspective on things.. :-/
Well I am now in at my Young Adult camp and so many questions have been raised by those who were there – some verbalized very eloquently, some not so.
But one of the strange questions that came out was, or more like the sudden train of thought is how do we as Christians deal with what is going on in the world around is? How do we respond to issues like the oil prices going up? Or the food crisis? Or the demands of our loans and our cost of living?
How can we continue to serve God under such situations? And what is the ‘new’ definition of serving God?
I must admit, some of the things raised by the speaker were a bit over my head. Or more like over the participants head. I mean seriously, he is talking and I am writing my blog!
But even so, he is saying something that sorta amplifies something that has been in mind for a long time – why do ppl say – I didn’t get anything out of today’s service? I mean seriously… church was not created for us. We were created for church. So as the Americans used to say – ask not what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for the country!
Shouldn’t that be what church is about? What should I be doing for my church?
I remember when I challenged Mei Kee, Wai Ling and Iggy about taking 5 of their young ppl and putting them in an Anglican church and they will come out not feeling God’s presence. I blame it on how we as Christians have placed more emphasis on the form of the service to worship God but not the depth of the content of the service.
And now with the current political climate, how do I still continue to serve?
The facilitator asked an interesting question last night : since many are saying that their lifestyle will change due to the rise in oil prices, will it affect the Sunday offertory? Will it even affect the Church attendance? I mean, lets face it, certain individuals have already noted that this will def have an impact on his travels to KL – which also means that the possibility of a long term relationship is quite slim. (will update more about this). So does that mean churches will be empty? And money insufficient to keep the ministries going? Or worst yet, will re resign to going to the nearest church regardless what it may be?
(10/6/08)
Update – I am home now and freaking over my event tomorrow. The camp surprisingly ended better than expected. Met some good friends. Got to know some old friends better. And also shared how I got to where I am in my faith. Whether ppl were moved, I don’t know. But I do know that the whole experience has been good for my soul.
Anyway, I think on a whole, quite a number of ppl are moved to get off their asses and do something.
So lets see how next year’s PBA is going to pan out..
^__^
^__^
No comments:
Post a Comment