Saturday, June 21, 2008

Through the eyes of a bean...

As a child I have always been in love with photography. I think this is something my dad unconsciously passed down to me through his endless old fashion slide shows and making models out of my sister and I to test some new function in his camera.

And as I grew older, I found certain pictures attractive, and some not. Some took my breath away and some just couldn’t hold my attention for more than 2 seconds.

And soon I became trigger happy – every damn thing I wanted to capture in a photo. The more I clicked, the more I was aware of my surrounding and wanted to capture certain perfect moments.

Some I must admit, I have been able to capture, and some unfortunately, can’t.

Whilst in UK, I can’t say for sure how many photos I took, I think more than 5000?

Over the years I have in many ways tried to immortalize some of my pictures for posterity and to share with my friends. My first attempt was photo bucket…

Then later multiply. Multiply was good. I could load I think 150 pictures per month and songs as well. But the only issue was it took forever to load the front page. That used to drive me NUTS!

Last week, I was at a photo shoot with a model – D.E.I and we needed some behind the scene shots. Needless to say, I saw the camera, I picked up the camera, I clicked the camera and I fell in love….. I am officially in love with a RM16 000 Nikon DSLR camera!!!

I haven’t seen in full the product of our ‘love making’… but from the few shots I saw, I think it was a beautiful moment!

I have decided by hook or by crook, I am going to reinstate “Through the eyes of a bean,” probably via FB… will see lah. Problem is time to load the photos and to carefully select what I want.

Anyway…. Yeah… I am contemplating on getting one. Not RM 16K, but may be something a bit more cheaper lah. I am wondering if I can get my mom to get it for me since she owes me for the piano for Rach…? Also, shall I throw in the guitar too? ;-)

PS… I wonder if my FB status freaked him out…? Hmmm kinda huge ego isn’t it to assume it is about him?
PPS... some by-products of my fascination..























(Tulips in full bloom - Telford - 2006)
(Cave art - Sri Lanka - 2005)
(Pretty ladies in a row - Amsterdam - April 2006)
(The mysteries of the swamp - Langkawi - 2007)


(Grumpy's answer to all of life's problems - Mother of Guiness aka Dublin - 2006)


(Waterfall [in the mid of nowhere] - Sri Lanka highlands - 2005)
Think I can sell any of these shots?
^__^





No comments: